Alice Springs & The Red Centre 2022
Tuesday, 9th - Tuesday, 16th August, 2022
Thursday, 8th - Thursday, 15th September, 2022
8 days - $3,890 per person twin share
$890 single supplement
Includes flight to Alice Springs and flight from Ayers Rock Airport,all breakfasts and 6 dinners, 4 lunches and all entries as per itinerary.
- Day 1 - Holly and the airport shuttles will transfer you to Sydney Airport for your flight to Alice Springs where Scott will be waiting to take you to Lasseters Hotel for a 4 night stay.
- Day 2 - Our first stop is Anzac Hill Lookout for views across Alice Springs. Next a stop at Alice Springs Desert Park for an Aboriginal Cultural Tour. Visits to the School of the Air and the Overland Telegraph Station.
- Day 3 - A stop at Hermannsburg Aboriginal community, known for its historic precinct and as the birthplace of Albert Namatjira. A visit to the Araluen Cultural Precinct. Tonight is the Original Outback Bush BBQ Dinner & Show under the great expanse of the Northern Territory sky.
- Day 4 - We explore the West MacDonnell Ranges, the tallest in the Northern Territory, including Simpson's Gap, Stanley Chasm and Ormiston Gorge.
- Day 5 - Leaving Alice Springs, we travel through Stuarts Well and Erldunda before arriving at Yulara and Ayers Rock Resort. We are staying at the Desert Garden Hotel for the next 3 nights.
- Day 6 - During our time at Uluru and Kata Tjuta, we will have both sunrise and sunset opportunities. Short walks at Uluru and Kata Tjuta and a visit to the Cultural Centre and the Maruka Arts & Craft Cooperative.
- Day 7 - Today is a free day. Dinner at own expense. The resort has many free activities throughout the day including Bush Yarns, Guided Garden Walks, Spear & Boomerang Throwing and Cultural Dancers. Other options include Scenic Flights, Camel Rides or dining under the stars in an isolated desert setting with The Sounds of Silence experience.
- Day 8 - A direct flight from Ayers Rock to Sydney where Holly and the airport shuttles will be waiting to take you home.