November 2019 - Dates to be Confirmed
6 Days - $2,890 per person twin share
$390 single supplement
Includes flights to and from Adelaide, airport shuttle, accommodation, 4WD tours & Scenic flight, all breakfasts and dinners, 3 lunches and all entries as per itinerary.
- Day 1 - Nina and the airport shuttle will transfer you to Sydney Airport for your flight to Adelaide where Warwick will be waiting to take you to Clare Valley Motel for our first night.
- Day 2 - Our first stop is to meet The "Dog Whisperer" at Page's Working Dog Centre. We journey through Quorn & Hawker to arrive at Wilpena Pound Resort for a 4 night stay. Over the next three days we will split our group into 3 smaller groups of 8 passengers each. Each smaller group will rotate over the next three days of activities.
- Day 3 - With a flying time of about 1 hour each way, this flight takes you over Wilpena Pound, Brachina Gorge, the Northern Flinders Ranges and Lake Frome. On arrival at Arkaroola, we join the award winning Ridgetop 4WD Tour that takes us over the rugged and arid mountains to the very top of Sillers Lookout.
- Day 4 - A leisurely walk into Wilpena Pound. See the pioneering heritage at Hill's Homestead. A visit to Old Wilpena Station, one of South Australia's oldest and best preserved pastoral settlements. Some free time today to either relax at the resort or explore the surroundings.
- Day 5 - Our 4WD Tour today takes us first to Blinman where we learn of the toil and tragedies of the early copper mining endeavours. Lunch is at the famous Prairie Hotel at Parachilna, famous for their "feral" food options. This afternoon, we explore the Corridor through Time tracing more than 100 million years of geological history in the Brachina and Bunyeroo gorges. Keep an eye out for the Yellow Footed Rock Wallabies.
- Day 6 - Leaving Wilpena this morning, we make our way to Adelaide for a late afternoon flight to Sydney where the airport shuttles are waiting to take you home.