Hobart, Tasmania &
Australian Wooden Boat Festival 2021
Wednesday 3rd - Tuesday 9th, February 2021
$2,490 per person twin share
$790 single supplement
Price includes flight to and from Hobart, airport shuttle, accommodation, all breakfasts & dinners and all entries as per itinerary
- Day 1 Holly and the airport shuttles will transfer you to Sydney Airport for your flight to Hobart where Scott will be waiting to take you to the four star Old Woolstore Hotel for a 6 night stay.
- Day 2 - Our first stop today is The Wooden Boat Centre on the banks of the Huon River, where you can marvel at the beauty and fragrance of the local timbers as craftsmen transform raw timbers into superbly crafted vessels before your eyes. We visit Cygnet and Hartzview Vineyard and the Hertiage Pickers Hut Village. A stop at the Margate Train - shopping with a difference. Tasmania's last passenger train has had its carriages turned into a variety of shops
- Day 3 .Today we partake in the Peppermint Bay Cruise Departing from the tourist hub of Sullivan's Cove, the cruise takes in the harbour, the River Derwent, and the magnificent waters of the dÉntrecasteaux Channel, on its way to Peppermint Bay.
A stop at the Tinderbox Marine Reserve will show us life under water without getting wet using the "Spy Ball" underwater camera. See giant kelp forests, crayfish, stingrays and a myriad other fish species.
We enjoy a set three course banquet style lunch featuring the best of local produce at the Peppermint Bay Restaurant.
- Day 4 On Saturdays, Salamanca Place comes alive with the famous Salamanca Markets. Over 300 stallholders sell fresh and gourmet produce, arts, crafts and handiworks from all over Tasmania. After the markets, the festivities continue at the Wooden Boat Festival.
- Day 5 We visit Hobart's newest attraction - MONA ( Museum of Old & New Art ). This is a the largest privately funded museum in Australia. The three level structure built into the cliffs around the Berridale peninsula cost $75 million. The museum presents antiquities, modern and contemporary art from the David Walsh collection. We will venture up Mt Wellington and visit the historic Georgian village of Richmond.
- Day 6 The 10th Australian Wooden Boat Festival continues today with the last event attracting over 600 boats and 150,000 spectators. .Held every two years, it is the largest event of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere. The spectacular Hobart waterfront is completely filled with a vibrant mix of entertainment, nautical displays, maritime activities and genuine Tasmanian hospitality over four days of fun and excitement.
- Day 7 We fly back to Sydney where the airport shuttles are waiting to take you home.