King Island & Flinders Island 2021
Thursday, 14th - Thursday, 21st January 2021
Monday, 1st February - Monday, 8th February 2021
8 Days - $3,890 per person twin share
$490 single supplement
Includes all flights, all breakfasts and dinners, most lunches and all entries as per itinerary.
Spend 4 nights on King Island , then a direct flight to Flinders Island for 3 nights
- Day 1 - Holly and the airport shuttles will transfer you to Sydney Airport for your flight to King Island via Melbourne.
Island Breeze Motel ( 4 nights )
- Day 2 - Our local guide will show the island's main town Currie including the Kelp Factory and the Museum and the famous Boathouse - The Restaurant without Food..
- Day 3 - Today we head out to the Northern reaches of King Island including Yellow Rock Beach, Penny's Lagoon and Martha Lavinia Beach. We make a stop at Cape Wickham Lighthouse which is the tallest in the Southern Hemisphere. A stop at King Island Dairy to sample their award winning produce.
- Day 4 - We explore the Scenic South of King Island including the Calcified Forest and the rugged cliffs off Seal Rocks. A tour of Grassy township and the seaside village of Naracoopa.
- Day 5 - We arrive on Flinders Island for 3 full days of exploration. We travel to Port Davies on the west coast of the island where we will visit the historic Wybalena Chapel and Cemetery and learn all about the sad history of the Aboriginal community who were transported here in the 1880's. We visit the island museum which houses written information, photos and artefacts of the past settlement of this beautiful island. This is arguably the best museum of its kind in Australia. Lunch at Allports Beach.Furneaux Tavern ( 3 nights ).
- Day 6 - Today we travel to the northern part of the island stopping at Sawyers Bay to take in the magnificent views and then onto Mount Tanner for even more views of the west coast. We visit Killiecrankie, the home of the famous Killiecrankie Diamonds. We continue north to Palana then onto the North East River for the magnificent views over the sisters Islands and along the beaches south to Babel Island.We return to Lady Barron and our motel.
- Day 7 - This morning we head to the capital of Flinders Island, Whitemark where we have some time to explore the township and pick up a souvenir before travelling to Walkers Lookout which would have to be the best lookout on the island with views over virtually the whole of the island. We head to the east coast to The Patriarch's Reserve and learn of one man's dedication to save the Cape Barron Goose. We continue south to the bird sanctuary of Cameron's Inlet and view Babel Island from the magnificent east coast beach.
- Day 8 - We fly via Launceston to Sydney where Holly and the airport shuttles are waiting to take you home.