Longreach & Winton 2021
Sunday, 6th - Friday, 11th June, 2021
6 days - $2,790 per person twin share
$350 single supplement
Includes flight to and from Longreach, airport shuttle, accommodation, all breakfasts & dinners, all entries as per itinerary
- Day 1 - Holly and the airport shuttles will transfer you to Sydney Airport for your flight to Longreach Airport where Scott will be waiting to take you to the Longreach Motor Inn for a 5 night stay
- Day 2 - We start the day with a gallop along an outback track in a fully-laden Cobb & Co Stage Coach travelling on the original mail route between Longreach and Windorah. Relax on an evening sunset cruise on the Thompson River, followed by a campfire meal with outback entertainment.
- Day 3 - A visit to the Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame & Outback Heritage Centre including the Outback Stockman's Show. Across the road to the Qantas Founders Museum and a Secrets of The 747 Tour.
- Day 4 - We spend the morning at the Australian Age of Dinosaurs in Winton. The museum is home to the world's biggest collection of Australia's largest dinosaurs as well as life-sized bronze dinosaurs at Dinosaur Canyon. A visit to the North Gregory Hotel where in 1895 the first public recital of "Waltzing Matilda" was given.
- Day 5 - It's back to school this morning in the world's largest classroom with a tour of The Longreach School of Distance Education. We head to historic Barcaldine which became famous as the centre of the shearers' strike in 1891. It is home to the Australian Workers Heritage Centre which showcases the experiences of workers and the difficult conditions in which they often laboured in days gone by.
- Day 6 - Some free time in town this morning before we fly from Longreach back to Sydney where Holly and the airport shuttles are waiting to take you home.