Outback Queensland 2022
Saturday, 14th - Saturday, 21st May, 2022
8 days - $3,190 per person twin share
$590 single supplement
Includes flight to Brisbane, flight from Longreach, airport shuttle, accommodation, all breakfasts & dinners, all entries as per itinerary
- Day 1 - Holly and the airport shuttles will transfer you to Sydney Airport for your flight to Brisbane Airport where Scott will be waiting to take you to the Dalby Manor Motor Inn. Dalby is at the centre of one of Australia's richest grain-growing and cotton-growing regions.
- Day 2 - We continue westward, passing through Chinchilla, Miles Historical Museum, Roma & Morven before arriving at Charleville for 2 nights. Staying at Mulga Country Motor Inn. ( 2 nights )
- Day 3 - A visit to the Royal Flying Doctor and Historic House Museum. We'll take a Stories & Scones Tour at the grand Hotel Corones. After dinner, view the Great Outback Night Sky with a guided tour at The Cosmos Centre & Observatory.
- Day 4 - Travelling north west , we'll have a morning tea break at Tambo, with its amazing range of teddy bears made from sheepskin. Our lunch break will be at Blackall, home to the original 'Black Stump' and nearby Alice Downs Station where famous gun shearer Jackie Howe set his world record. We arrive at Longreach for a 4 night stay at Longreach Motor Inn.
- Day 5 - We start the day with a gallop along an outback track in a fully-laden Cobb & Co Stage Coach travelling on the original mail route between Longreach and Windorah. Relax on an evening sunset cruise on the Thompson River, followed by a campfire meal with outback entertainment.
- Day 6 - It's back to school this morning in the world's largest classroom with a tour of The Longreach School of Distance Education. We head to historic Barcaldine which became famous as the centre of the shearers' strike in 1891. It is home to the Australian Workers Heritage Centre which showcases the experiences of workers and the difficult conditions in which they often laboured in days gone by.
- Day 7 - A visit to the Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame & Outback Heritage Centre including the Outback Stockman's Show. Across the road to the Qantas Founders Museum and a Secrets of The 747 Tour.
- Day 8 - Some free time in town this morning before we fly from Longreach back to Sydney where Holly and the airport shuttles are waiting to take you home.