Friday, 11th - Wednesday, 23rd February, 2022
Wednesday, 2nd - Monday, 14th March, 2022
13 days - $3,990 per person twin share
$790 single supplement
Includes flights to and from Tasmania , airport shuttle, accommodation, all breakfasts & dinners, all entries as per itinerary.
Days 1- 4:
Over the next days we will be visiting:
Holly and the airport shuttles will transfer you to Sydney Airport for your direct flight to Hobart where Scott will be waiting to take you to the four star Old Woolstore Hotel for 4 nights.
- Port Arthur for a guided tour of this notorious convict settlement with a short harbour cruise past the Isle of the Dead.
A visit to historic Richmond and its famous bridge
- MONA ( Museum of Old & New Art )
A journey down the Huon Valley brings us to the Tahune Forest Air Walk, where you can stroll through the magnificent forest canopy 30 metres above the ground.
More than 300 stalls at Salamanca Markets and the Georgian cottages of Battery Point.
Superb views of the D'Entrecasteaux Channel and the Derwent Valley from Mt Wellington, 1270m above the city.
Days 5 - 6:
We make our way to Queenstown with stops along the way at:
- Salmon Ponds, a fish hatchery from the 1860's.
- Mount Field National Park with a short walk to Russell Falls
- Wall in the Wilderness an ambitious art project where the history of Tasmania is being carved on panels of Huon pine 3 metres high and will stretch for 100 metres.
2 nights at the West Coaster Motel, Queenstown
- Gordon River Cruise across Macquarie Harbour to Hell's Gate, the entrance to the Great Southern Ocean. A top at the infamous Sarah Island before entering the majestic Gordon River with its mirror like reflections, Huon Pine trees and wilderness boardwalk. A superb smorgasbord lunch is served and we have reserved window seating.
Days 7 - 9:
- On to Cradle Mountain National Park and its rugged, glaciated landscape. You will have the opportunity to walk some of the Dove Lake Walk.
2 nights at The Waterfront, Wynyard
- Table Cape Lookout
- Stanley shelters at the base of The Nut, a 152 m high basalt monolith rising from the sea.
- Seal Cruise to Bull Rock to view Australian Fur Seals basking in the sun or frolicking in the crystal clear waters of Bass Strait. (Weather permitting)
Mural town of Sheffield and topiary town of Railton.
- Grindelwald Swiss Village with 2 nights at Tamar Valley Resort.
Days 10 - 12
- Cataract Gorge Cruise in Launceston's own piece of wilderness
- Japanese Monkeys in City Park
Grubb Shaft Gold and Heritage Museum, Beaconsfield
- Wooden Sculpture Park at Legerwood.
- Pyengana Cheese Factory with an informative talk and tastings.
- Freycinet Peninsula
Overnight at Beachfront at Bicheno
Historic towns of Campbell Town and Ross with its astonishing convict carvings on the Ross Bridge.
Guided tour of Woolmers Estate, home to the Archer Family from 1817 until 1994.
Overnight at Hotel Charles, Launceston
Direct flight from Launceston to Sydney where Holly and the airport shuttles are waiting to take you home.