Tasmania in Springtime
Friday, 30th September - Sunday, 9th October, 2016
10 Days - $2,590 per person twin share
$690 single supplement
Includes flight to Hobart and flight from Launceston, all breakfasts and dinners and all entries as per itinerary.
- Day 1 - Nina and the airport shuttle will transfer you to Sydney Airport for your direct flight to Hobart where Warwick will be waiting to take you to Fountainside Hotel for a 3 night stay.
- Day 2 - The famous Salamanca Markets with over 300 stalls is our first stop today. This afternoon we venture south to Nicholls Rivulet and the delightful Crawleighwood Gardens, a 2ha paradise with rare and unusual plants.
- Day 3 - The Spring Community Festival is on today at the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens with the vibrant annual display of spring colour providing a backdrop for family entertainment, music and food.
- Day 4 - Leaving Hobart, we head north along the Heritage Highway with stops at Ross and Campbell Town before arriving at Hotel Charles Launceston ( 2 nights ).
- Day 5 - A visit to WAG Walker Heritage Rhododendron Gardens which offer majestic rhododendrons, stands of exotic trees and breathtaking views. Entally Estate is our next stop. Built by Thomas Reibey in 1819, the homestead has superb grounds and gardens and Australia's oldest Conservatory.
- Day 6 - We make our way to one of our favourite accommodations in Australia - Waterfront Wynyard ( 4 nights ). A visit to Kaydale Gardens, with over eighty thousand daffodils and a unique collection of rare bulbs.
- Day 7 - Allendale Gardens with its 6 acres of landscaped gardens is at its best in October. The famous Birch Walk has featured in many TV shows and garden magazines and books. Table Cape Tulip Farm Open Days give you the opportunity to wander in fields which have become a riot of colour.
- Day 8 - Emu Valley Rhododendron Gardens has 23,000 rhododendrons and companion plants in a uniquely designed 11 hectare woodland garden. A visit also to Annsleigh Gardens, an English style garden featuring rockeries, fountains , sunken gardens and a diverse range of flowers, shrubs and majestic mature trees.
- Day 9 - Bloomin' Tulips Festival is an annual one day event held in Wynyard featuring markets, entertainment, art displays, craft stalls, street theatre, food & wine stalls and culminating with a FireworksSpectacular which you can watch from the motel.
- Day 10 - A direct flight from Launceston to Sydney where Nina and the airport shuttle is waiting to take you home.