The Kimberley - Broome to Darwin, 2021
Saturday, 3rd - Tuesday, 13th July, 2021
11 Days - $5,190 per person twin share
Includes flight to Broome and flight from Darwin, Scenic flight over the Bungle Bungle's, 3 cruises, airport shuttle, accommodation, all breakfasts and dinners and all entries as per itinerary.
- Day 1 - Holly and the airport shuttles will transfer you to Sydney Airport for your flight to Broome where Scott will be waiting to take you to Oaks Broome (3 nights). Broome is a fascinating town with a tropical climate, a rich history and a distinctive style of architecture.
- Day 2 - We spend the day exploring Broome including Cable Beach, Chinatown, Broome Historical Museum & Gantheaume Point. (Optional Extra: Sunset Camel Ride )
- Day 3 - A free day in Broome with many options to do as much or as little as you like.
- Day 4 - We head north to Derby, which has the highest tidal range in Australia. After lunch, we head inland to Fitzroy Crossing. Fitzroy River Lodge ( 1 night )
- Day 5 - The Geikie Gorge Cruise takes us where the mighty Fitzroy River has carved a 30 metre deep gorge into the remains of an ancient limestone barrier reef. After lunch, we travel to Halls Creek, the site of WA's first gold rush. Kimberley Hotel (1 night)
- Day 6 - Heading north from Halls Creek, we tour the Arygle Diamond Mine before arriving at Kununurra Lakeside Resort ( 3 nights )
- Day 7 - A visit to Wyndham and the Five Rivers Lookout with some free time in Kununurra before a visit to Hidden Valley.
- Day 8 - An early start with a 2 hour scenic flight over Lake Argyle, the Ord River Irrigation Scheme, the Argyle Diamond Mine and spectacular aerial views of the Bungle Bungle Range in the World Heritage listed Purnululu National Park. This afternoon, we cruise the Ord River from Lake Argyle down to our accommodation at Lake Kununurra, a distance of over 50kms.
- Day 9 - We travel from Kununurra to Katherine with stops at Timber Creek and Victoria River before arriving at Ibis Styles Katherine for 1 night.
- Day 10 - We head north to Darwin with a stop at Adelaide River. We end the day with a sunset harbour dinner cruise. Travelodge Mirambeena Resort (1 night)
- Day 11 - We spend the morning in Darwin before a direct flight from Darwin to Sydney where the airport shuttles will be waiting to take you home.