Darwin & The Top End
Sunday 18th - Monday 26th July, 2021
9 Days - $3,590 per person twin share
$790 single supplement
Includes return flight to Darwin, All breakfasts and 7 dinners, 3 lunches and all entries as per itinerary.
- Day 1 - Holly and the airport shuttle will transfer you to Sydney Airport for your direct flight to Darwin where Scott will be waiting to take you to Mirambeena Resort Darwin for a 4 night stay. Dinner tonight is at own expense at the Mindil Beach Sunset Markets. A wide range of standard and exotic foods are on offer.
- Day 2 - A day in and around Darwin with visits to The Museum and Art Gallery Of Northern Territory including a Cyclone Tracy gallery, East Point Military Museum and the Defence of Darwin Experience, Fannie Bay Gaol & The Botanical Gardens. We end the day with a sunset harbour dinner cruise.
- Day 3 - We travel to Litchfield National Park which has stunning tropical waterfalls and swimming holes, magnetic termite mounds and historic sites. Buffet dinner tonight at Cullen Bay Marina.
- Day 4 - Territory Wildlife Park is a zoo showcasing a wide range of native flora and fauna. As well as seeing wildlife up close in their natural habitat, you get to interact with them during daily presentations. A free shuttle train runs between the exhibits.
- Day 5 - A stop at Howard Springs before we take a Jumping Crocs Cruise on the Adelaide River. We continue on to arrive at Gagudju Lodge Cooinda in the heart of Kakadu National Park for a 2 night stay.
- Day 6 - During our time in Kakadu, we will visit Ubirr & Nourlangie Rock Art Sites, Bowali Visitor Centre & Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre. We will take a late afternoon Yellow Water Billabong Cruise.
- Day 7 - We head south to Nitmiluk ( Katherine Gorge ) National Park for an afternoon Gorge Cruise and arrive at Ibis Styles Katherine for 2 nights.
- Day 8 - We journey into the heart of Never Never country and the Mataranka Thermal Springs. Jeannie Gunn made this area famous in her classic We of the Never Never, in which she describes her experiences on nearby Elsey Station.
- Day 9 - A direct flight from Darwin to Sydney where Holly and the airport shuttle will be waiting to take you home.